Cool! You are actually here, reading this. OK, maybe you aren't and have already scooted down to the pictures like I do.....but if you are (still reading), here's a glimpse into what we are doing.
Some progress has been made on the new bathroom build. See part one here!
|Header with cement board. Seams taped and mudded with thinset. White thinset was applied as we used some glass tiles on the surround|
|Temporary vanity top tiled.|
In between beer brewing, yard work, wedding prep, and
reading, we managed to tile the tub surround and build the vanity.
We built a header and applied cement board, as we decided to tile the
ceiling in the bathtub surround too!......picture #2 &3.
As the wedding day approaches, we have decided to pour our concrete counter-top after the festivities. We are just looking at getting the bathroom usable for our out of town guests.
We built a temporary top and used leftover floor tile for the job. We also went to the Re-store and found an old sink complete with a faucet. I was originally going to paint the vanity white because of the old closet doors and foot-board from an old bed that were used in the construction, but after seeing the wood front sanded, I decided to go with dark stain. (Not done yet). The inside was painted with melamine paint. That's where we are now!