Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Pretty easy Flower

This is a fun little project that costs next to nothing and is pretty cool! 

I found it on this WEBSITE and just had to run to my craft room  ahem  I meant STUDIO and give it a try.    I couldn't believe how easy they were to make.  You can check out the video tutorial at  Gauche Alchemy or just follow along with my pictures.  I must say, the video tutorial is pretty awesome just in case you have any difficulties following my pictures.

I started with seven - 3 1/2 inch squares.

Now make six more.  You need seven total.

Hot glue each section to the next.

After you have all seven glued together, join the two ends to make your flower complete.

Now you can add a pretty jewel or a button.

I had pipe cleaners on hand, so I folded it in half and twisted it together to make it a wee bit stronger.

Shove it in the end with a dab of hot glue.


Monday, January 23, 2012

Building Wine Storage

Saturday, I dove right into my wine storage solution.
 The sonotube wine rack just wasn't cutting it.  You can see that project here! 
 More storage is needed as our winery is growing.
  One can only make so much jam when you have an abundance of raspberries.
  So we took up the art of winemaking.  I shared our raspberry wine recipe here!  
  I bought some plywood sheathing as  a wine bottle doesn't really care what kind of wood it gets to rest on....does it?  I guess I should have asked!
  I  had the lumber store cut the wood into more manageable pieces; 13"x48" strips.  I cut the smaller pieces for the shelves,  at home.   For each unit I cut 2 - 13"x42" pieces,
4 - 13"x40 1/2" pieces, 6 - 13x13" pieces.   I assembled all four units........

I used my trusty label maker and labeled all the different wines. 

I guess I could paint the shelving but it kind of matches the pine shelving in our cold room already.  So meh......I will leave it for now.
Plus I don't think I could be trusted with a paintbrush once I sample the product.
 Looks like we need to make a lot more wine.

Check out my new wine labelling system.  It's perfect now!!


Monday, January 16, 2012

Embarassing Office/Craftroom

Okay...I must share my room before I started the big organize-cleanup.   It became a room for dumping.  (fade in music from jaws)

Some old thrift store find curtains.

 Hallway gone.  Now it is open, thus creating a more efficient work space!

With a trip to Ikea,  a little more figuring, organizing, label making, box searching, lamp hanging, cord routing, purging,  floor sweeping-mopping,
more organizing, purging, crying, and more purging, ......   May I present
My Office/Craft Room Studio!

I really need to shorten that curtain!  

OK....So I still have a bit of purging to do.  But at least I can find things.
One day I will paint all the shelves that I built too. 

My sister had an awesome idea.
She said to move my printer in the closet
and it would free up desk space.
It did.

 I now have room on the desk to work from both sides.  I can push my sewing
machine out of the way for more work space.

 My clearance glitzy girly light from Ikea.  $4.99

My awesome label maker, doing a great job.

I still have a few things I would like to do but I am so much happier working in my new craft room  STUDIO!!